expanding the newlines at insertion sounds good to me; it will however require some adjustments for the pop and imap daemons. Furthermore, i don't know whether some rfc's forbid actual changing the message upon insertion.

Op 26-feb-04 om 21:42 heeft Aaron Stone het volgende geschreven:

Which is to say, that some messages will arrive with \r\n and some with just
\n, and we need to accept both of these, but when displaying a message,
everything is sent as \r\n... which leads me to wonder if I should be
*counting* the non-\r\n lines, or simply converting them to \r\n upon receipt, and not bother with messagesize / rfcsize, as everything will be rfcsize.

Ilja, Roel... any preference here? I'm happy to add the extra checks for \r\n, but that code is going to be only slightly different from code to just convert
the messages to \r\n anyhow!

Aaron

"Jesse Norell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

Aaron,

  I've not looked at the delivery code, but in this you'd needd to
make sure that any \r\n's were stripped to just \n when the message
is saved.  If that's not done, then you just need to add the number
of header/body lines that had only \n (hence the imap server will
change to \r\n), not ones that have \r\n (because those will already
be included in the header/body bytecounts).