Hi,

NB: I've posted this on dbmail-dev also, as it seems to be more appropriate there.

Larry Rosenman wrote:
> Is the DBMail developers interested in NON-GCC compiles on
> UnixWare?

I like to be as portable as possible.

> I had to change all __FUNCTION__ to __func__ (which is the way
> C99 spells it), as well as comment out the __attribute__ lines.

I just checked, and __func__ also works on gcc. If __func__ is standard in C99, and works in gcc, we might as well replace all instances of
__FUNCTION__ with __func__

The __attribute__ lines are GCC dependent and should be surrounded by preprocessor guards. This is done correctly in dbmail.h (example below), but not in all places.

#ifdef __GNUC__
#define UNUSED __attribute__((__unused__))
#else
#define UNUSED
#endif

> I also needed to add -L/usr/ucblib -lucb to a lot of links for
> the setlinebuf() function.
>
> We should probably make both of these AutoConf changes...

yes, this (setlinebuf()) should probably be done using autoconf.
The manpage for setlinebuf states the following:

 The setlinebuf function is exactly equivalent to the call:

              setvbuf(stream, (char *)NULL, _IOLBF, 0);

Does setvbuf() work on UnixWare? If so, we can change the calls to setlinebuf() (both in serverchild.c) to setvbuf() like above.

> Oh, I also needed to remove the -fomit-frame-pointer option
> as it's not valid on UnixWare.

This would be an autoconf thingie.

> I can supply an account for y'all if you'd like one.

No need at the moment, I think.

> I have postgreSQL as the DB.
>
> Seems(!) to work in some quickie tests.

Ilja