Leif Jackson wrote:

Guys,

I disagree with the statement that LTDL makes it impossible to debug. I
fact it is quite easy to debug dynamic libraries with gdb, as well as
valgrind. What about this code can you not figure out. I haven't taken
the time to look at it yet since I only use MySQL but I understand the
need for it.

-Leif
Somewhere in this message is the place to grab it. As I said before the mysql code is the only code that will compiler at the moment. I have been using valgrind and gdb, take a look. Make sure you run autoreconf -f -i when you get it and make sure you add the --with-mysql. The configure script is broken since I was trying to make some changes at the time to build both pgsql and mysql.

Dan Weber

Hi Dan,

Dan Weber wrote:
Ilja Booij wrote:
2 things in pgsql/dbgsql.c

#include <string.h> is missing

there's a typo in the db_api struct:
it reads db_num_fielqs where it should read db_num_fields.

After this I get some compiler warnings and it won't run because of
some crash in the configuration code (config.c)

Ilja
Yeah I know.  ltdl makes it impossible to debug the library code so all
I know is it fails at db_connect.  I have been the mysql code compiles
and is what should be tested at the moment.
ltdl makes it impossible to debug? Would this be resolved by having an
option to do normal linking? I wouldn't like to have a situation where
it's almost impossible to debug our code.

Ilja