There are some major problems with pgsql at the moment. I couldn't tell you if it was the dbmail driver, or pgsql itself, but I know that it keeps eating disk space like crazy. Sometimes vacuuming it helps, but not really. I think we should have a full review of the dbpgsql driver.

Dan Weber

Aaron Stone wrote:
""Kevin Baker"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

Are there any significant performance gains using Pg over
MySQL on the newer releases?

Just curious... with the discussion of possibly adding
real transaction support on Pg, it might be worth looking
into.

MySQL with InnoDB tables also supports real transactions. If someone is
looking for a good project to do, try a four way comparison of MySQL vs.
PostgreSQL each with and without transactions for a variety of tasks. It would
be good data to have and would help with profiling of the database code for
future releases.

Aaron