Thomas Mueller wrote:
> Hi Sumbry][,
>
>> [..] It looks like even with
>> the table prefixes, if you ran a pre RC8 version then you'll have
>> table names with prefixes, but index names, sequences, etc with the
>> old style of naming.  And of course in Postgres, there is no RENAME
>> INDEX or RENAME SEQUENCE command.
>
> Of course there is - hidden but it's there:
>
> alter table oldindex rename to newindex;
> alter table oldsequence rename to newsequence;
>
> I still have to migrate to tablenames with prefixes, I'll post the
> script when it's done.

Argh!!!!  Why isn't this documented?!?  Hah, I never had to rename
indexes before so never needed this functionality, but poured through
the docs nonetheless trying to find if it was there.  I think I even
stumbled across code in the sources to actually do it, but figured it
wasn't commited yet.

This sucks - wasted more time than necessary writing that script then
but at least I know for the future. Thanks!

-----
"Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable
from a feature." -- Rich Kulawiec
[EMAIL PROTECTED]