Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
Leif Jackson wrote:

Hello,

please consider using one single process with threads, for each client
one thread, instead the slower 'fork a child for every client' or
Apache like pre-fork technique.

Our current 2.1 cvs head has pre-fork and I am currently working on a high
performance version with pthreads which is coming along well but still is
a while out.

Hey, this is great news, I just started using lighttpd which uses
pthreads too and it is a lot faster than Apache therefore.  So I thought
there are chances that it will speed up dbmail too.

Threads may speed up dbmail a little, but I don't think the forking model currently is much of a bottleneck. Combined with a redesign of the imap codebase however, dbmail on pthreads will kick ass.

  Paul Stevens                                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  NET FACILITIES GROUP                     GPG/PGP: 1024D/11F8CD31