Sorry... I'm using the CVS head from what I understand.  I set up the
CVS stuff really late one night and didn't really pay attention to which
version I was getting (stupidly).  I use this to get the source:

export CVSROOT=:pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvsroot-dbmail
cvs login
cvs checkout dbmail

That's the version of the source that came up with this issue.