Paul J Stevens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>  sr - 07-Dec-04 18:39 CET
>> Hi Paul and everybody, is the out of range error triggered by the "Mark all
>> as read" menu item in Outlook express the same problem as in the original
>> bugnote of this thread? Should I create a new thread?
>
> Please do. I've confirmed the bug. OE is threading the edges of imap
> compliance here.
>
> The dbmail response 'BAD invalid message range' is actually quite valid.
> OE specifies a range of 1:someverybigvalue in the STORE command, a value
> which is totally out of range and, according to the RFC *should* therefore
> trigger a BAD response.
>
> It says *should*, not *must*, so we can probably accomodate OE on this one.
>
> However, looking into this I see that OE is doing some weird shit.

So either we're causing some internal bug with OE, which I don't even want
to think about, or we should just pretend that OE thinks that huge numbers
are equivalent to '*', which I think would make the semantics work out.
Must be something like, "640K is like infinity for computers!"  ;-)

If OE is consistently giving us numbers larger than 64 bits, it should be
really easy to say, "anything bigger than 64 bits is *" and work it like
that.

Aaron