re: memcache

Great lead. Looks very exiting.

Glad you like it... it's amazing stuff.  If you have any feature
requests for libmemcache(3) or pgmemcache, let me know... last I
checked I was in the good graces of the author. *grin* Seriously, let
me know... memcached and pgmemcache would be a perfect fit for this
solution.  memcached handles data expiration for you, and pgmemcache
would let that expiration be in real time. Triggers are just too cool:
PostgreSQL++.  Read the pdf on the pgmemcache page... should give a
good overview of how thing work (specifically slides 16-17).  -sc

Just read the presentation, *very* neat stuff. Although I have to say, it
looks more like the kind of software that would be used for an in-house
project at someplace doing insane volumes of transactions...

Who says dbmail can't scale beyond one machine? I've got half a mind to take cyrus's mail suite and put a PostgreSQL backend to it and add memcache/pgmemcache support to create a screaming implementation of dbmail that'd scale, provide instantaneous changes to data managed by PostgreSQL, and be commercially viable (ie, GPL--) as a product available for sale. I've never been able to grok why dbmail has/is reinventing the wheel when cyrus is BSD licensed and has good IMAP support. Just food for thought. -sc

--
Sean Chittenden