Geo Carncross wrote:

This is not happening; the config_read demands I install dbmail.conf
in /etc -- I simply don't know you that well :)

I modified the test cases to expect a dbmail-local.conf (attached) - and
it's mostly successful.

Ok. I've changed the test-suites to use /etc/dbmail/dbmail-test.conf instead. The actual location is now defined in check_dbmail.h and used by all the test suites.

check_dbmail_deliver.c:399:F:Auth:test_auth_validate: auth_validate
positive failure

I _suspect_ this is because I didn't preload my database with a
testuser1 account. After doing this, the test succeeds. I think this is
a bug with the test-case.

Well, actually it's more like a 'bug' in user.c. Currently, the only way to enter a new user record *with* encryption is by using the dbmail-users cli. I'm working to move mkpassword -- where the actual hashing of the password takes place -- to db_user_create (was auth_adduser). That way we can insert new test-users in the database with encrypted passwords by simply calling db_user_create(), a much cleaner and more consistent approach imo.

check_dbmail_imapd.c:184:F:Mime:test_mime_fetch_headers: Field name
incorrect

This test also appears to be a bug in the test-case:

184: fail_unless(strcmp(mr->field, "Content-type")==0, ...

This is the line that fails. The problem is that:
        mr->field
contains "Content-Type"

and not: "Content-type" - which is what it's expecting.

That's not what I see in my tests. This could be a gmime issue though.

All other tests succeed!

Please correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Actually, apart from myself you're probably the first one to actually use those test-cases. As I'm sure you've noticed they are far from complete. The only api that's fully covered atm is auth.h.

[[ FYI: I found no mention of "check package" in the mailing list
archive. After much digging, I located http://check.sf.net/

Well, that location *is* documented in the test-suites.

The current version of "check" doesn't use "suite_free()" anymore, so I
deleted those lines from the check scripts. srunner_free() appears to
free the suites now. ]]

I'm using the version that comes with debian/sarge which is way behind upstream. So I'll stick with suite_free for now. Someone is working on updating the check package already though.

  Paul Stevens                                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  NET FACILITIES GROUP                     GPG/PGP: 1024D/11F8CD31