On Thu, 24 Feb 2005, Paul J Stevens wrote:

We agreed on this already, so don't worry.

But can we also please use the procedure I proposed:

"""
After the release of 2.0.0 a sunrise period for SVN is announced well in advance for migration to SVN. This period is started off with a fresh migration of the dbmail CVS repository into SVN, and a full notification to all developers with write access which includes their logins. During the sunrise period we have write access to both CVS and SVN and developers are responsible for making sure SVN is up-to-date.

After the sunrise period, we enter a sunset period for CVS. During this period, again announced well in advance, CVS is closed for write access. This is the last chance to move code changes from CVS to SVN.

Finally, CVS is closed all together and we're all happy in a brave new
SVN world.
"""

A suggestion would be a CVS deadline date. For instance, all cvs writes must be done before <insert date here UTC time>. After it has past that date, CVS is no longer writable and it is required a pull of svn and removal of the cvs.

Dan