On Mon, Mar 14, 2005, Paul J Stevens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> I am talking 2.0.4, and so are Thomas and Geo when it comes to slow pg
> queries.
>
> If Geo and Thomas can fix those, great. But from what I've seen they
> depend on subselects which are not going to go into 2.0.4 since mysql-4.0
> doesn't really support them.
>
> Still I'm perfectly willing to use the debian packages to experiment with
> Geo's ideas. If I can find an elegant way to merge in different queries
> for different backends, we can use the debian packages to see how that
> works out and maybe apply them before 2.0.5.

Apparently I've missed the Pg query boat. I thought it was all 2.1 work.
Very excited to hear that it's happening in 2.0, as I really look forward
to seeing its performance and stability improved in each release.

We have a working pattern for external symbols with TO_CHAR and TO_DATE.
If the queries return data with the same field names, we can use this
pattern.

Aaron