There is no native TLS/athentication support within DBMail
although it is a simple enough procedure to create a SSL
wrapper to all daemons as well as your SMTPD. SASL2 can do
authentication for SMTPD and a stunnel SSL wrapper for
everything DBMAIL secures the username/pwd login.

I don't have time right now to write a 'howto' but I leave
you with some notes I hope will give you some steering.

1) Use stunnel ( http://www.stunnel.org/) and (Cyrus) SASL2
(Carnegie Mellon University) and the slauthd daemon. This
way your authentication across the wild is encrypted and
handled at the server side by the same DBMail database
table.
The wiki at
http://www.dbmail.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=stunnel looks for
the most part close to how I achieved this. It is a snap.
Read the stunnel.org stuff and you will have all you need.

2) An example of how to do the SASL2 thing in postfix
follows. This might be the roadmap you need for smtp
smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtpd_sasl_local_domain =
broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
smtp_sasl_password_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/pwd.cf
smtp_use_tls = yes
smtpd_use_tls = yes
smtp_tls_note_starttls_offer = yes
smtpd_tls_key_file =
/usr/etc/postfix/ssl/CA/your-key-cert.pem
smtpd_tls_cert_file =
/usr/etc/postfix/ssl/CA/your-key-cert.pem
smtpd_tls_CAfile = /usr/etc/postfix/ssl/CA/your-cacert.pem
smtpd_tls_loglevel = 1
smtpd_tls_received_header = yes
smtpd_tls_session_cache_timeout = 3600s
tls_random_source = dev:/dev/urandom

3) You must use *non-encrypted* passwords in your dbmail
database to make it all work.

best...
Mike