Severity:                   tweak
Date Submitted:             09-May-05 11:58 CEST
Last Modified:              09-May-05 12:30 CEST
Hi, OE encloses some sender addresses in double quotes when used with
dbmail-imapd (no such problem with cyrus or courier). This is annoying for
the users because it screws up sorting. I have found many references to
this problem on the Web, some stating the bug has been fixed in some older
version, but it seems to be still there. Am I missing something here?

Thanks

Stefano

 paul - 09-May-05 12:10 CEST
I have no idea what you're talking about. Some more info would be
helpful...

 sr - 09-May-05 12:30 CEST
Hi, sorry for the lack of details, I assumed the problem was known...here's
one of the links where the issue has been discussed anyway:

http://mailman.fastxs.net/pipermail/dbmail/2003-June/003011.html

Simply put, some sender addresses are enclosed in quotes in OE's message
list, like 'John Doe'.

I know it's no big deal, and if it was *all* the senders it would be a
non-issue, but since it's only *some* sorting is screwed up.

BTW: any plans about server-side sorting?

Thanks

Stefano

Bug History
Date Modified  Username       Field                    Change
09-May-05 11:58sr             New Bug
09-May-05 12:10paul           Bugnote Added: 0000688
09-May-05 12:30sr             Bugnote Added: 0000689