Paul J Stevens wrote:

> They are. That should *not* be a fatal error. I've changed the code to
> that effect. Please try again if you don't mind.

Hm, but something led to a fatal problem 2 hours ago.

My IMAP settings in config are:
MINSPARECHILDREN=4
MAXSPARECHILDREN=8
MAXCHILDREN=200

I graph running and connected dbmail-imapd processes every minute using
these two commands:
NO_IMAP_CONS=`netstat -t -ap 2>&1 |grep dbmail-imapd |grep ESTABLISHED
|grep -v localhost:postgresql |wc -l`
NO_IMAP_PROCS=`ps -ef |grep dbmail-imapd |grep -v grep |wc -l`

I had as many connections as running processes (a lot below
MAXCHILDREN). The problem was: no one could connect any more. Looks like
a problem with starting new processes - every running process handled a
connection yet, no new were started so no user could connect.

When I did a '/etc/init.d/dbmail stop' (this is the new start script in
the debian package) all pop3d and lmtpd were stopped, the imapd
processes were still there.
So I did a 'killall dbmail-imapd' and installed svn rev 1852.

Thomas