Ok, thought that dbmail-smtp handeled that automaticly using the sendmail
binary and created its own bounce...

My MTA anyway is QMAIL and I ended up creating the following script to have
qmail do the boucing...

Maybe something for the contrib dir?

Instead of adding the "|/usr/local/sbin/dbmail ${RECIPIENT:7}" thing in
.qmail-default point to this script instead and fix the paths...

Would be nice tho to have a C program that does the checking... since this
doesn't check if theres a user with that name but only real email addresses,
but it's a start anyways for others wanting this.

I have no idea if the error code that it returns (112) is correct... but "it
works for me" (tm)

---------------- Cut from here ----------------------

#!/bin/sh
#Get config from dbmail configfile...
. /etc/dbmail.conf &>/dev/null

RECIPIENT_USER=`echo ${RECIPIENT:7} | cut -d@ -f1 | tr A-Z a-z`;
RECIPIENT_HOST=`echo ${RECIPIENT:7} | cut -d@ -f2 | tr A-Z a-z`;

QURERY=`/usr/bin/mysql -u${user} -p${pass} -D${db} \
        --exec="select alias_idnr from ${table_prefix}aliases where
        lower(alias)='[EMAIL PROTECTED]' or lower(alias)='[EMAIL PROTECTED]'"`;

echo "Checking: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Result: ${QUERY}" >> test.log;

if [ -z "${QURERY}" ]; then
 #Query returned nothing... no mailbox found...
 echo "Sorry, no mailbox here by that name (#5.1.1)";
 exit 112;
else
 #Email address is OK... continue
 cat <&0 | /usr/local/sbin/dbmail-smtp -d [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 exit 0
fi;