On Tue, 2005-12-13 at 08:53 +0100, Paul J Stevens wrote:
> >From rfc2822:
>
> 2.2. Header Fields
>
>    Header fields are lines composed of a field name, followed by a colon
>    (":"), followed by a field body, and terminated by CRLF.  A field
>    name MUST be composed of printable US-ASCII characters (i.e.,
>    characters that have values between 33 and 126, inclusive), except
>    colon.  A field body may be composed of any US-ASCII characters,
>    except for CR and LF.

That's what I thought, but didn't have the quote handy. Nevertheless, I
feel like there's some useful synergy in having the database do both of
the lowercase operations.

How would DBMail behave right now for non-compliant headers? Every now
and then, I get spam that the 2.0 series parser is not able to parse. I
have a small folder of the stuff. I haven't tried it with GMime yet,
though I'm sort of assuming that it'll handle everything better.

Aaron