Kevin,

I have running just fine on my etch/sid test server:

# dpkg -l "*dbmail*"|grep ^ii
ii  dbmail             2.1.5+20060424   base package for the dbmail
email solution
ii  dbmail-ldap        2.1.5+20060424   LDAP module for Dbmail
ii  dbmail-mysql       2.1.5+20060424   MySQL module for Dbmail

using:

deb http://debian.nfgd.net/debian unstable main

I'm suspecting some problem with your dbmail.conf. Perhaps you could
sent me the [DBMAIL] stanza, in private if you will.