On Sun, 2006-04-30 at 21:48 +0200, Paul J Stevens wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >  aaron - 30-Apr-06 20:48
> > The common server config portions are now in SVN. The patch implements the
> > config file reading of multiple IP's, binding to multiple sockets and
> > running select to see which one has received a connection.
>
> For a moment you freaked me out there! Thought you meant you had
> implemented a select framework. Phew.

Implemented yes, committed to SVN, no. The patch is complete and works
quite well for me. The only thing left to consider is the timeout value.
For now, it's five minutes, and so the main loop of each child process
recycles every five minutes, pinging the database that often. We could
remove the db_check_connection from serverchild.c, since it gets called
from the protocol handlers anyways.

Aaron