Hello!

I'm still searching for performance bottlenecks. And i discovered another
one.

I'm using mysql 4.1 and not the latest SVN snapshot of dbmail. Hopefully
this code did not change in the last 3-4 weeks. :-)

When searching for the subject, we are creating following query:

SELECT message_idnr FROM dbmail_messages m JOIN dbmail_physmessage p ON
m.physmessage_id=p.id JOIN dbmail_headervalue v ON v.physmessage_id=p.id
JOIN dbmail_headername n ON v.headername_id=n.id WHERE mailbox_idnr = '100'
AND status IN ('0','1') AND headername LIKE 'subject' AND headervalue LIKE
'%gentoo-%' ORDER BY message_idnr

This query tooks 15 seconds to finnish. :-(

The machine executing this query is really, really fast and has much ram.

I'm still trying to analyse thisĀ  problem. Just want to let you know.

--
Lars Kneschke
Metaways Infosystems GmbH

eGroupWare Training & Support ==> http://www.egroupware-support.net