Paul J Stevens wrote:
> Simon Gray wrote:
>> Do you have any plans for the db connection pooling as yet?
>
> Sure do. The plan is as follows:
>
> I'm well underway with making dbmail fully event-driven using libevent. This
> will enable dbmail daemons to handle a lot of clients simultaneously on each
> preforked child. When that is finished (targetted at 2.3.3) forked children
> will
> be idle unless busy processing data or handling IO on the database channel.
>
> where we now have a 1-1-1 relation between client <-> dbmail process <->
> database connection we will move to a N-1-1 situation.

Just to give you all an update. I've just reached a milestone by having
Timo's imaptest tool run with 20 concurrent imap connections against a
*single* dbmail-imapd process without triggering any errors. I haven't
even tried with higher concurrencies :-) but above c15 the query code
appears to cause stalls in the client connections (mostly because the
server is too busy which leads to contention over the database
connector). This is mostly because imaptest is keeping the server
*really* busy.

So we now have a N-1-1 situation supporting around 20 or more clients
per dbmail process.

Next I need to bring the other daemons up to speed as well.

I'll do some more tests and will keep you all posted.

  Paul Stevens                                      paul at nfg.nl
  NET FACILITIES GROUP                     GPG/PGP: 1024D/11F8CD31
  The Netherlands________________________________http://www.nfg.nl