Sounds like we need to setup on the first x chars for indexing of those
columns. How many addresses were in the to: field? I'm not a postgres
guy, so I don't know how to do an index on the first x chars of the
field. From the error message below, it looks like we could use a size
of 2048.

-Jon

Maxim Podorov wrote:
> There is one more problem with new style of header caching.
>
> These indexes are created:
> CREATE INDEX dbmail_headervalue_2 ON dbmail_headervalue USING btree
> (emailname);
> CREATE INDEX dbmail_headervalue_3 ON dbmail_headervalue USING btree
> (emailaddr);
>
> But when I try to insert a message with extra large To: header, I
> receive the error from PostgreSQL:
>
> ERROR:  index row size 4056 exceeds btree maximum, 2712
> HINT:  Values larger than 1/3 of a buffer page cannot be indexed.
> Consider a function index of an MD5 hash of the value, or use full text
> indexing.
>
> Is it possible to solve the problem?

believed to be clean.