Hi,

If that's the only way it'll be.
I do have several IMAP users, about 50% of them.
They probably won't notice if you time it right.
I understand, I'll do it on a Saturday/Sunday morning or so.

This time I'll do a parallel test before doing it on the main server, I'll
boot one of the disks of the array on another machine.
You can create a new table dbmail_envelope_new with the desired structure and with the unique index applied. Then use the query INSERT IGNORE INTO dbmail_envelope_new SELECT * FROM dbmail_envelope. After that you can delete the old table and rename dbmail_envelope_new to dbmail_envelope.

But I do not know, how long renaming a InnoDB Table takes. If it creates a temporary taple, this version is rather useless.