A NOTE has been added to this issue.
http://www.dbmail.org/mantis/view.php?id=966
Reported By:                elfring
Assigned To:
Project:                    DBMail
Issue ID:                   966
Category:                   General
Reproducibility:            have not tried
Severity:                   major
Date Submitted:             08-Apr-12 19:10 CEST
Last Modified:              08-Apr-12 20:17 CEST
I have looked at a few source files for your current software. I have
noticed that some checks for return codes are missing.

Would you like to add more error handling for return values from functions
like the following?
- chmod ⇒ pidfile_create

https://github.com/pjstevns/dbmail/blob/c93755763d1608c549b246e222cf3ae1d45e5d97/src/dm_pidfile.c#L98

- printf ⇒ main

https://github.com/pjstevns/dbmail/blob/8dc7ab5ec45a4321af191fecd7da1f50d76d3ce1/src/main.c#L80

 (0003432) paul (administrator) - 08-Apr-12 19:41
 http://www.dbmail.org/mantis/view.php?id=966#c3432

Whenever not checking a return value could lead to degraded behavior of
the program I would happily accept that as a bug. In either of the cases
you report however, no such degraded behavior is even remotely conceivable.

So either you are for real or you're just trolling. Either way, when you
submit a 'major' bug, at the very least at least describe the actual
problem.

 (0003433) elfring (reporter) - 08-Apr-12 20:17
 http://www.dbmail.org/mantis/view.php?id=966#c3433
I suggest to avoid unchecked function calls.
Would you like to detect every error situation as early as possible?

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change