On 12/12/06, Aaron Stone <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Mon, Dec 11, 2006, Simon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> Hi There,
>
> We are migrating to new hardware for our mail store. Currently we are
> using dbmail 2.0.9-1 on debian sarge with mysql 4.1. I notice that
> when going to install dbmail 2.2 it depends on mysql5.. Is this the
> case?

The primary requirement is InnoDB tables.

> If not, is there an advantage in moving to mysql 5 for dbmail 2.2?

It's faster than MySQL 4.x ;-)

I am running on MySQL 4.1 with InnoDB as my primary development platform.
I haven't personally tested with MySQL 5.x, but I don't expect any trouble
so long as you've got InnoDB enabled.

Yea - it just wont actually let me install dbmail 2.2 with mysql 4.1 installed.