Hi Eelco,

Thanks for your interest, if you recall reading a previous post I made to the list, I was having a problem with messages being redelivered many times. As I'm looking at this report (I posted the whole thing below for your reference) It appears that this is probably related. You'll notice that there are 398 deferrals, and 398 signal 11 errors. If Postfix sees the signal 11 error, perhaps will it keep the message in the queue and try and deliver it later? I was receiving the mail in the database, so perhaps after inserting the data dbmail-smtp it was dying. This problem that I had was cleared up by updating from the CVS version I had to the CVS snapshot as of the 30th.

I'd love to forward you a copy of one of the deferred mails, but I erased them all with the dbmail-maintenance program this morning.

-Micah

To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: raincross-tech.com Daily Mail Report for Tuesday, 30 July 2002
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 04:02:08 -0700 (PDT)
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (root)

Grand Totals
------------
messages
12 received
26 delivered
0 forwarded
16 deferred (398 deferrals)
0 bounced
0 rejected
38890 bytes received
139607 bytes delivered
5 senders
4 sending hosts/domains
7 recipients
3 recipient hosts/domains

message deferral detail
-----------------------
pipe
398 Command died with signal 11: "/usr/local/sbin/dbmail-smtp"
Warnings
--------
cleanup
10 database /etc/postfix/virtual.db is older than source file /etc...
postfix-script
1 /var/spool/postfix/etc/passwd and /etc/passwd differ
smtpd
7 database /etc/postfix/virtual.db is older than source file /etc...
Fatal Errors: none
Panics: none
Per-Day Traffic Summary
date received delivered deferred bounced rejected
2002-07-28 0 0 256
2002-07-29 10 24 142
2002-07-30 2 2
Per-Hour Traffic Daily Average
time received delivered deferred bounced rejected
00:00-01:00 0 0 3 0 0
01:00-02:00 0 0 5 0 0
02:00-03:00 0 0 5 0 0
03:00-04:00 0 0 2 0 0
04:00-05:00 1 0 11 0 0
05:00-06:00 0 0 10 0 0
06:00-07:00 0 0 10 0 0
07:00-08:00 0 0 7 0 0
08:00-09:00 0 0 10 0 0
09:00-10:00 0 0 9 0 0
10:00-11:00 0 4 5 0 0
11:00-12:00 1 2 5 0 0
12:00-13:00 0 0 5 0 0
13:00-14:00 0 0 5 0 0
14:00-15:00 1 1 3 0 0
15:00-16:00 0 0 5 0 0
16:00-17:00 0 0 5 0 0
17:00-18:00 0 0 1 0 0
18:00-19:00 0 0 5 0 0
19:00-20:00 0 0 5 0 0
20:00-21:00 1 1 5 0 0
21:00-22:00 0 0 5 0 0
22:00-23:00 0 0 5 0 0
23:00-24:00 0 0 5 0 0
Host/Domain Summary: Message Delivery (top 10)
sent cnt bytes defers avg dly max dly host/domain
-------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -----------
18 132103 290 31.7 h 67.5 h raincross-tech.com
7 6518 108 38.5 h 67.7 h 2dogspetsupply.com
1 986 0 1.0 s 1.0 s 9250x.com
Host/Domain Summary: Messages Received (top 10)
msg cnt bytes host/domain
-------- ------- -----------
5 27154 raincross-tech.com
5 4275 9250x.com