>> I've installed dbmail from the latest CVS and it is running fine as an
>> IMAP-Server.
>>
>> But what I not understand is how to configure sendmail to work with dbmail.

The way we've did it for testing, was to use procmail and pipe it through
the dbmail-smtp program. However procmail seems to add an additional line at
the top, which screwed up date/header recognition -- so I had to write a
small wrapper which simply discarded the first line of the pipe.

/etc/procmailrc:

SHELL=/bin/sh

:0c
|/path/to/dbmail-wrapper.pl $LOGNAME

$LOGNAME got filled with the username being delivered to:

/path/to/dbmail-wrapper.pl:
(crude but did the job for testing...)

#!/usr/bin/perl

$mailbox=$ARGV[0];

open(PIPE, "|/path/to/dbmail-smtp -u $mailbox");

My $firstline=0;
While (<STDIN>) {
    if ($firstline eq 0) {
        $firstline = 1;
        next;
    }

    Print PIPE $_;
}

Close PIPE;

It's a bit ugly, but allowed me to test while keeping local delivery on my
main mailserver, and also using conditions in procmail you can selectively
do it for certain users...  (match $LOGNAME to be the test username)

/Mark