From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Micah Stevens
Sent: Monday, September 23, 2002 3:00 PM
To: dbmail@dbmail.org
Subject: [Dbmail] Dropping characters.

I know this isn't directly related to dbmail, but the people on the
php-db
mailing list aren't being too helpful and I was wondering if anyone here

had any ideas.

I've been having an issue where php will drop the first four characters
from a POSTed form field when inserting/updating information in MySQL. I

noticed while trying to add users to the DBMail database, and I can't
figure out what's going on. At first I thought it might be my script,
but
if I do things manually with a tool like PHPMyadmin it drops the
characters
too.

I started noticing the problem last week after I upgraded to php 4.2.3.

It's always four characters, and it never happens when I have less than
four fields in a form.

I'm running RH 7.2, MySQL 3.23, and PHP 4.2.3.

Any help, or ideas of where to look for problems would be appreciated.

Thank you,
-Micah