Hello Jeff,

Saturday, December 7, 2002, 11:28:00 AM, you wrote:

JB> The advantage dbmail using MySQL or PostGREShas over what SQLite would
JB> offer is the ability for multiple machines to act as "front ends" to
JB> the data store. SQLite is a single-machine solution, at a quick
JB> glance.
And that's what it is intended for: smaller systems, taking advantage
of dbmail. Who wants the features MySQL or needs PostgreSQL, can use
them with no problem.

JB> In our situation, we have 2 (so far) front end servers, which provide
JB> different levels of filtering for spam, as well as backup in case of
JB> crashes. True, they're both dependent upon the same SQL box, but it is
JB> hidden behind a firewall from attacks, and hasn't been down in over a
JB> year, except for maintenance.
Yes, you have a complex setup and there is no reason for replacing it.
But still for some users with not such complex needs, I think a
smaller, easier to setup version would be nice. If he/she wants to
upgrade, can do it a later time.

Best Regards,
Howe