hi Richard,

Thanks for the kind remarks!

I plan on making dbmail the center piece of a scalable mail hub that
will include other feature and am wondering what kind of large scale,
both number of users and message throughput per day, people have set up
and in production.

The largest mailsite we're currently hosting has about 22000 accounts with about 32000 aliases. I have no idea what the throughput is on a daily basis (the smtp servers (2) are doing an 24 hour averange of about 200 kbit / sec with load avg of about 0.2. The DBserver has a load of about 0.4). This is dbmail running with postgresql as DB backend. We've noticed that mysql(+innodb) is running at lower loads in comparable situations.

Best regards,

eelco