On Wed, 2003-05-07 at 05:58, Filip Wuytack wrote:
> I've also tried, after installing automake & autoconf, to re-run the
> configure script , but still the same error...
>
> Libmysqlclient.so is in  /usr/local/lib/mysql
>
> ~ Filip

What does ldconfig -p | grep mysqlclient show?

All the configure script does here is make sure it can link that
library, and relies on ld to actually know where it is.

So its most likely that /usr/local/lib/mysql isn't in the ld.so.conf
which is the paths that ld checks, or that ldconfig hasn't been ran
since it was installed to tell ld to reload its config and index new
directories.

Ryan Butler