Ilja Booij wrote:

> Problem with using xinetd is that you have to start a new process
> every time, which also involves setting up database connections etc,
> which cost quite some time.

Indeed, this is the drawback.  It's possible with some MySQL setups, that
having the thread_cache set correctly can help the situation a great deal,
as a rule of thumb I once read somewhere: "If you have a busy server that's
getting a lot of quick connections, set your thread cache high enough that
the Threads_created value in SHOW STATUS stops increasing"

Matt

PS: Moderator, please ignore my post from the wrong account and deny it :-)