We've finally found the fix to the linking problem!

Some small changes in Makefile.am did the trick :)

The fixes are in CVS, and will be in the next release (of course..)

Bye,
Ilja

Ilja Booij wrote:

Maybe there's somebody on the list with a little more knowledge of autotools who can shine a light on this?

Ilja

peter wrote:

Thanks Roel,

it did compile properly when I repositioned the $xxx_LDFLAGS variables in
all 9 cases.
I could not have done it without your suggestion.

Is it worth giving the makefile generation process a little attention so
this
problem is solved for all users, not just you and me?

Peter

Roel Rozendaal - IC&S wrote:

I experienced the same problem on my mac; i solved it by replacing the
order of the arguments of gcc. The linker options are passed to gcc by
means of a variable: $xxx_LDFLAGS where xxx stands for the program to
build (dbmail-smtp, dbmail-imapd, etc). Somewhere in your (automake'd-)
makefile you can find the dbmail targets on lines like this:

dbmail-smtp: $(dbmail_smtp_OBJECTS) $(dbmail_smtp_DEPENDENCIES)
    @rm -f dbmail-smtp
    $(LINK) $(dbmail_smtp_LDFLAGS) $(dbmail_smtp_OBJECTS)
$(dbmail_smtp_LDADD) $(LIBS)

moving the _LDFLAGS variable to the end solved the problem on my system.