If you never run dbmail-util -p, messages will never be deleted from the database no matter what the user does.

dbmail does not currently support IMAP server side search (although it is definitely in the works), but you can of course use a database query to search your messages.

Dirk H. Schulz wrote:
Hi folks,

I am looking for a mail archiving solution and came upon dbmail. Please bear with me for checking for some features before I start evaluating it.

Can dbmail:

- be configured to not let the user delete ANY mail? And if yes, is it configurable per user? - is there a search feature which can do full text searches on a users emails?

Thanks for any help.

Dirk