Curtis Maurand wrote:

> imap-copy has the limitation that I use passwords for each individual
> user account.  Some are encrypted and therefore inaccessible. I do have
> the dbmail database on the new machine.  I'm trying not to have to set
> up multiple instances of dbmail on the same machine or even a virtual
> machine.

I'm not sure this is for you Curtis, but it might be for someone else.

Imapcopy or something similar like offlineimap is pretty much required
if you want to copy mailstores user-by-user.

This is very doable and the encrypted passwords are not an obstacle -
they are your friends.

Move account-1 from machine-a to machine-b:

On machine-a
- backup the password field (oldsecret) for account-1
- set the password to newsecret

On machine-b
- create account-1 with newsecret

[redirect incoming mail for account-1 to machine-b]

- run imapcopy [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
- set the password to oldsecret

[redirect incoming imap/pop connects for account-1 to machine-b]

done.

  Paul Stevens                                      paul at nfg.nl
  NET FACILITIES GROUP                     GPG/PGP: 1024D/11F8CD31
  The Netherlands________________________________http://www.nfg.nl