Martin,

 Based on the link with the logs and your message in question I tried to
reproduce this issue under valgrind and was unable to with 2.1.7
dbmail-smtp as well as the retrival of the message after storage matches
the original. So I would guess that this sig9 is somewhere in your exim
chain or a library diffrence I don't have, what version of glib gmime and
glibc do you have dbmail compiled against as well as mysql versions.

-Leif