So if I want to do something like in dspam where they call for an alias of:

spam:    "|/usr/bin/dspam --user mail --class=spam --source=error"

I can replace with with

dbmail-users -x [EMAIL PROTECTED] -t "|/usr/bin/dspam --user mail -- class=spam --source=error"

Yes, but the dspam script should read the complete contents of the message, end give propper return code. But I strongly believe dat spam prevention should be done at the MTA (lest end to reject while in the smtp session).

How is this not deliverable by someone on the outside?

I'm not quite shure what you mean.
dbmail will bounce the message if the script fails.

Marc