On Donnerstag, 26. April 2007 11:25 Aleksander wrote:
> Don't hesitate to ask questions. I'm really interested for some
> technical feedback too -- bugs, improvements etc. It works, but
> surely it can be made better somehow.

SPAM filtering is our core business, so this is a very important
extension for me.

-) How do you define which folder is the SPAM box? I see your extension
of folder flags, but how to set it? I know Outlook and Thunderbird have
different names for Junk/SPAM, and sure other clients have other names,
or even within those programs in different languages... It's important
for me to have a way to find the SPAM folder of a user. Could that be
assigned somehow somewhere via standard methods (IMAP or so)?

-) We currently require users to not delete their SPAM folder, but
rather move mails from there to another SPAM folder (with a fixed
name), from where messages are removed by a script after learning
(SPAM_yes for real SPAM or SPAM_no for false positives).

I guess we want to change that to "automatically take already read SPAM
folder mails and move them to the SPAM_yes folder after some minutes".
Our filters have almost zero false positives (3 per year for all
customers together), so by now this approach seems better.

Or could there be some easier way to have this done?

-) We rewrite message subject, as well as the body, when a message is
SPAM. Can this be done with your solution?
a) take message
b) pass through SpamAssassin
c) if SPAM, rewrite message with SA's results
Normally we do that at postfix stage, but this would be extremely
valueable of course.

-) I would like to be able to rescan messages that arrived today
overnight. Like this, certain viruses could be detected when new
antivirus signatures arrive, or whatever. Can we find out whether a
message from today was marked as SPAM, but then altered by the client
to HAM status? Such messages shouldn't be marked as SPAM afterwards
again, of course.

mfg zmi
// Tel: 0676/846 914 666                      .network.your.ideas.
// Fingerprint: EA39 8918 EDFF 0A68 ACFB  11B7 BA2D 060F 1C6F E6B0
// Keyserver: www.keyserver.net                   Key-ID: 1C6FE6B0