Sent: Wednesday, July 04, 2007 8:14 AM
Subject: Re: [Dbmail] Bug #579

Jonathan Feally wrote:
What OS, kernel, glib, and db versions are you running? I tested the search command by hand using the literal method and did not have any problems at all. Also - your log file doesn't seem to indicate anything about the child process crashing out, but rather that the main parent process was told to shutdown down.

Damn, I didn't even see that! You're right; the process is shutdown clean.

Jul 2 23:23:15 lira dbmail/imap4d[6018]: Debug:[sql] dbmysql.c,db_query(+291): query [SELECT m.message_idnr,k.messageblk FROM dbmail_messageblks k JOIN dbmail_physmessage p ON k .physmessage_id = p.id JOIN dbmail_messages m ON p.id = m.physmessage_id WHERE mailbox_idnr = 507 AND status IN (0,1 ) AND k.is_header = '0' GROUP BY m.message_idnr,k.messageblk
HAVING k.messageblk LIKE '%aa%']

Jul 2 23:24:30 lira dbmail/imap4d[6000]: Debug:[server] server.c,server_run(+291): MainSigHandler(): got signal [15] Jul 2 23:24:30 lira dbmail/imap4d[6001]: Message:[server] pool.c,manage_stop_children(+470): General stop requested. Killing children...

So that query is taking rather long, after which something/someone requested a general shutdown of the dbmail-imapd processes.

There is no indication of a crash, but something is not right.

  Paul Stevens                                      paul at nfg.nl
  NET FACILITIES GROUP                     GPG/PGP: 1024D/11F8CD31
  The Netherlands________________________________http://www.nfg.nl