On Mon, 2007-10-01 at 19:06 +0000, Aaron Stone wrote:

> >> Rename the old, delete box to A.yyyymmdd-hhmmss or remove it
> >> permanently
> >> then.
> >
> >   How about using the dbmail internal user (or create another for this
> > purpose), and change ownership of the folder upon delete.  So user
> > deletes folder 'A' and it gets moved to _@@_dbmail_internal_user@@__'s
> > DeletedFolders/user/yyyymmdd-hhmmss/A or somesuch (and follow up with
> > updating user's quotas).  You could set the message status to 2 on all
> > those .. after 2 runs through dbmail-util they'll be gone.  Then add
> > another small check to delete folders from under DeletedFolders when
> > there are no longer any messages contained in them.
> >

> >> I don't have the urgent need for that feature
> >
> >   Nor I...
>

> I'm also not in any personal need of this feature, but I like the idea.
> Here's what I think should be done:
>
>  - add a 'status' column to dbmail_mailboxes.
>  - upon delete, set status to deleted, rename the box with a timestamp.
>  - dbmail-util will do the same status delete -> status purge -> purge
>    as it currently does with messages.
>  - don't change ownership, we need to preserve that information.
>  - recreating a mailbox results in a new empty one. if you want the
>    original box back, you have to get sysadmin intervention.
>
> Aaron

  You'd want to consider if these count against quota or not (probably
not), and if not then you have to make sure they can't access/subscribe
to these folders.  That's one thing changing to the internal user would
handle nicely - no quota issues, no access issues, in fact not even any
schema changes or anything, so it could even be added to 2.2  :).  The
ownership info that's needed to be preserved would be the "user" part of
the above folder name (or make it "userid-1234" or whatever).

--
Jesse Norell
Kentec Communications, Inc.