Isn't dbmail the imap server?  That looks like a normal entry to me since
dbmail is
He user database provider.

-----Original Message-----
From: "mediaslayer" <mediasla...@gmail.com>
To: dbmail@dbmail.org
Sent: 3/15/2009 12:58 AM
Subject: Re: [Dbmail] DBMail and SASL Authentication

Well, I got a little further, but I'm not sure I have SASL configured
correctly.  I'm new to SASL, Postfix, DBMail etc.

I noticed that my auth.log file has some entries about postfix/smtpd quering
dbmail's database.  I thought it used IMAP to verify the credentials.  Did I
miss something?

Thanks.

Dan Stilts wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> With Ubuntu, I believe the config is set in /etc/default/saslauthd.
>
> MECHANISMS=rimap
> OPTIONS="-O 127.0.0.1"
>
> Also, if you are using the <user>@<domain> username convention, you
> might need to change OPTIONS to be "-O 127.0.0.1 -r"
>
> start it up with "/etc/init.d/saslauthd start" and it should fire it
> off. If you want to run it in the foreground, just run "saslauthd -a
> rimap -O 127.0.0.1 -d" (again, add in -r if needed).
>
> Hopefully this helps you some.
>
> Dan
>
> On 3/14/2009 7:48 AM, mediaslayer wrote:
>> I'm trying to setup SMTP authentication with SASL.
>>
>> I followed the instructi
[truncated by sender]