Thanks paul,

> I would need to see the full query, and the one just before this one.
> You'll need to run at trace_errlog=5 to get at them, or use your mysql
> logs if you have them.

I'll get some better logs and post to the list.

> This might happen if the same message is being inserted twice,
> simulaneously, be two different lmtp processes.

>> Is this a bug?  We’re running 2.2.11 on both lmtpd and sieve.

> How often do you see this?

I'm seeing this on a daily basis, for the last few days.  An example today is
two autoresponders bounced over 5,000 emails to eachother through the course of
today, until i found the logs and stopped it.  (where the autoresponder was to
some @vodafone.co.uk address, so they obviously also have problems)

>> We run dbmail-util –r 72h twice daily also.

> That's silly. Way too short, way too often. Once a day, with -r 240
> should be better. If you set -r too small, the days value in the sieve
> scripts is effectively being capped.

As i understood the usage, it will remove replycache info older than 72hours.
This to me seems a sane figure for old entries to be removed?  Am i
misunderstanding its use?  I've only recently started using -r 72h having found
that the table was about 1/2 million rows and realised it was not being cleaned.

Jon