You can try to make your distribution lists using an external forward,
and set postfix to send the message to each recipient instead of trying
to group them into a single message. This would effectively make the
message be received by dbmail-lmtpd and then resend the messages back to
postfix for each of the users. Then postfix will re-deliver the message
to each of the real recipients on the correct servers. This will avoid
postfix needing to do anything with aliases keeping postfix as dumb as
possible. With this approach you don't need to worry about keeping both
databases synced as there is nothing to sync from a to b.

main.cf:
sendmail_destination_recipient_limit = 1

dbmail-users -x sa...@domain.com -t
j...@domain.com,j...@domain.com,theotherd...@domain.com

-Jon

George Vieira wrote:
> My correction, alias doesn't work because it's matching username only..argh,
> forgot. Damnit, gonna patch one thing or another.
> GV

Scanned for viruses and dangerous content by MailScanner