Michael Monnerie wrote:
> On Donnerstag 17 September 2009 Paul J Stevens wrote:
>
>> No way around that without full text indexing.
>>

> Any chance to have FTI support? PostgreSQL 8.3 has that built-in AFAIK,
> so it could be interesting. Dbmail could support it if the DB supports
> it, I just don't know how much effort that would be. Maybe just a
> configuration line, or auto-detection?
>
> mfg zmi

FTI would help searching greatly, however on MySQL the default is to
only index words 4 chars or longer. Thus it makes it unreliable when
searching for a small word of 3 chars or less. You can change it to
index 3 chars, which would probably be sufficient, but since this is a
global change on the whole database server and would require a restart,
not everyone would be able to use it (hosted databases). I am unsure of
SQLite FTI. I really can't see support of SQLite remaining beyond 2.4
because of the multi-server over a network requirement of 2.5 Hydra.

Do you know what PostgreSQL does in as far as what is indexed?

-Jon

--
Scanned for viruses and dangerous content by MailScanner