Michael Monnerie wrote:
>> My question is : can I add columns to DBmail tables without breaking
>> something in DBmail ?
>
> Yes, I did so for my extensions to have domains and customers in it’s own
> tables. I also modified the aliases table without problems.

Dbmail tries very hard not assume anything about order of fields in a
table. All columns are retrieved explicitely. So no 'select *' but
always 'select field1,field2...'.

So yes, adding columns is safe.

Building a ORM mapping for dbmail is valid for all tables, *except* for
message retrieval. That is, it'll work in 2.2 (for messageblks), but in
2.3 it is no longer a simple query.

  Paul Stevens                                      paul at nfg.nl
  NET FACILITIES GROUP                     GPG/PGP: 1024D/11F8CD31
  The Netherlands________________________________http://www.nfg.nl