Hi,

We've got a weird issue, either that or i'm just paranoid.  We're running
postfix 2.8.2 on one of our new filter/transport machines, this is a simple
setup of postfix via lmtp to dbmail-lmtpd.  All postfix does is a transport
lookup in sql.  This all works fine, however, postfix seems to send all of its
active queue in large bursts, i.e. it will build up its active queue which will
sometimes reach 1000 emails at a time and then send them all to dbmail-lmtpd
(2.2.17) in one go, then it will pause (stop sending to lmtpd) for 5 minutes
then it will start sending through again.  I found that the 5 minute pause time
in postfix I could manipulate by dropping the timeout in dbmail-lmtpd to say 60
seconds.  This doesn't seem normal to me, and i'm tempted to downgrade postfix
on this machine to the old stable just to see.  Any thoughts?

Kind Regards

James Greig