Am 28.03.2012 14:57, schrieb Paul J Stevens:
> On 03/28/2012 02:48 PM, ITronic Harald Leithner wrote:
>> no Problem. I will do this tonight because this would take sometime to
>> rebuild 3 GB on header informations.
>>
>> to be safe I just connect to mysql and do:
>> TRUNCATE `dbmail_header`;
>> TRUNCATE `dbmail_headername`;
>> TRUNCATE `dbmail_headervalue`;
>
> correct.
>
>> after that I make.
>> dbmail-util -ay
>
> dbmail-util -by
>
> is sufficient

Hi

i just let this run on a copy of our replication slave
foreign keys have to be disabled for the operation!

a very long time with messages missing subjects
Mi 28. Mär 18:40:49 CEST 2012
Mi 28. Mär 19:54:48 CEST 2012

i think an extra cli-switch for "dbmail-util" which does
this message for message would be a good idea. loop
phymessages, remove all header-records for this message
and re-create them, this way only one message without
subject would appear at the same time

BTW:
"dbmail_headervalue" is not cleaned up by "dbmail-util"
see the differnce between rebuilt snapshot to liveserver
after get rid around 20000 messages the last weeks

mysql> select count(*) from dbmail_headervalue;
+----------+
| count(*) |
+----------+
|   519747 |
+----------+
1 row in set (0.16 sec)

mysql> select count(*) from dbmail_headervalue;
+----------+
| count(*) |
|  1603038 |
1 row in set (1.80 sec)