Hi Curtis,

I'm quite sure it's not the size of the mailbox. I've got a few servers using dbmail for years, and the largest mailbox yet holds about 60GB of mail. The other ones ranging from about one GB up to about 35GB.

I'm using postfix (2.11 stable) + dbmail (3.1.13) + MariaDB (5.5.34) + amavis + spamassassin. I must say dbmail 3.1.13 is rock solid, as is postfix.

You haven't got issues with SELinux, or something like that? Any automatic (horror) updates for Ubuntu? When you've got problems starting the virtual machine, I suggest you have a look at your virtualization environment. Issues there can be more than tricky to solve.

Hope I can give you some input where to start looking...

Regards,

Peter

On 2014-04-03 03:42, Curtis Maurand wrote:
recompiled 3.1.13 and the dbmail-deliver worked...rather well.  I'm
starting to wonder if it has something to do with the size of my
mailbox.  It is rather large (GB's).  I know searches in there have been
timing out for quite some time.

--Curtis

On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 7:45 PM, Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net
<mailto:h.rei...@thelounge.net>> wrote:

    Am 03.04.2014 01:19, schrieb Curtis Maurand:
     >  virtual machine disappeared on me today.  I've spent most of the
    day trying to get it going again.  It's my main
     > mail server and the big problem that I'm having is with lmtp.
      I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS  and I've tried dbamil
     > 3.1.13 and 3.1.8 and both are giving me different errors.
     >
     > on 3.1..13, postfix status=deferred (lost connection with
    127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1] while sending end of data -- message
     > may be sent more than once)
     >
     > on 3.1..8 I'm getting: status=deferred (lost connection with
    127..0.0.1[127.0..0.1] while performing the LHLO
     > handshake).
     >
     > I compiled it again and now I'm getting:timeouts when trying to
    connect

     > This is not good.  Anyone have any ideas?

    nope - but the last 3 days dbmail-lmtpd crahs here multiple times too
    the first time it had the same as yours which is worser because in that
    case systemd don't restart the service

    * restart dbmail-lmtpd
    * postqueue -f

    all remaining messages get delivered instantly

--Curtis