Hello,

robl schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> Just wondering if there was a schedule/roadmap for the next release(s)
> of the DBpedia dataset ?  It's coming up to half a year since the last
> one was released and it would be nice to pull in some of the updated
> data from Wikipedia at some point.

We'll probably start another extraction at the end of June. Christian
Becker wants to update the GeoExtractor soon, the Yago mapping should be
updated, and hopefully a few bugs will be fixed.

> If there isn't going to be one soon, then does anyone have any stats on
> how long it takes to run the dbpedia extraction scripts (1-2 days) ?  As
> I'd like to update my local copy of the data.

Depends on your machine and on whether you've imported the Wikipedia
dumps already. If everything runs smoothly, you need about 10 days on an
average computer to import the dumps and extract the data sets. Of
course, you can choose to extract only the data sets and language
versions you need to reduce the runtime of the extraction script.

Kind regards,

Jens

--
Dipl. Inf. Jens Lehmann