Hi Alex,

Which DBpedia database file have you downloaded and what database are
you hosting it in ? The current live DBpedia sparql endpoint
(http://dbpedia.org/sparql
) is hosted in Virtuoso:

        http://wiki.dbpedia.org/OnlineAccess#h28-3

If you don't have Virtuoso already an open source version is available
from:

        http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/dav/wiki/Main/

With an installer script for loading DBpedia datasets available from:

        http://s3.amazonaws.com/dbpedia-data/dbpedia_load.tar.gz

General performance tuning guideline are available at:

        http://s3.amazonaws.com/dbpedia-data/dbpedia_load.tar.gz

Alternatively, the the DBpedia 3.3 dataset is available as a Public
AWS dataset in the cloud and can be loaded into a Virtuoso Amazon EC2
AMI in minutes at detailed at:

http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/dav/wiki/Main/VirtAWSPublicDataSets

Best Regards
Hugh Williams